We hope that this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a very difficult time over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to getting back to a more normal routine and life. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same; our commitment to your health and safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority in our office as you have seen throughout the years during your visits. Our infection control processes are implemented to follow strict guidelines for your comfort and safety.
Our office follows infection control guidelines made by the American Dental Association (ADA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We continually study infection control and implement not only the agencies’ guidelines, but our own strict office guidelines as well.
You will continue to see all of the infection control processes that we have always practiced, however, you will see additional measures as we open the office. We want our patients and our staff to be safe and to feel safe with the following:
- Our office will ask you some screening questions when scheduling your appointment and have you fill out a questionnaire when you arrive at the office.
- Upon arrival, please call us and we will meet you in your car or have you take a seat in the foyer or reception room.
- We will take your temperature upon arrival to the office.
- Please use provided hand sanitizer or wash your hands when you enter the office.
- We have removed magazines and items in the office to make it easier to frequently clean and disinfect throughout the day.
- We will be allowing more time for appointments to manage social distancing between patients and staff.
- We ask that you come into the office alone or with a family member that also has a scheduled appointment.
- Following your screening, we will take you directly to your treatment room which has been prepared specifically for you.
- We will have you pre rinse prior to your treatment with OraCare which may reduce microbial levels during your appointment.
- We have added air purification with Hepa filters throughout the office.
- The added Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be used for our protection and your protection as well.
- Our doctors and staff will be health screened everyday along with temperatures taken throughout the day.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have, at any time, about the steps we are taking to keep you and every patient, safe in our office. Please call our office at 313-884-1320 or visit our website, grossepointedentistry.com, if you have any questions or would like to make an appointment. We appreciate your patience with these changes and look forward to providing you and your family with the safest and best dentistry available.
Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Dr. Jon Hurst, Dr. Aida Rosenthal, Dr. John Ricci and Staff